The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sports & Recreation and under the sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organized the Talk on Yoplait/Candia Sports Medicine at May Flower College on Thursday 27th February 2020 in the presence of:
• Dr. Bernard Baptiste; Sport Doctor, Program Officer at Active Mauritius (Representing the Chairperson)
• Mr. Conrad Thomas; Nutritionist
• Mrs. Luchma, Manager of May Flower College
• Mrs. Dayal, Rector of May Flower College
• Mr. Dayal, Senior Educator
• Mr. Afzal Cheddy, P.E Educator
• Supporting staff of Mauritius Sports Council
An Ice Box and Sports Equipment were offered to the college by the Mauritius Sports Council.
The objectives of the talks are to make the participants aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
The Resource persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Dr. Bernard Baptiste.
Good Nutrition was presented by Mr. Conrad Thomas
50 participants attended the talk.
Yoplait/Candia Pamphlets and Keyrings were distributed to all students.
A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Four participants namely Bhavish Seeboruth, Hemshika Jeeah, Zebeshiyam Ali and Harshit Newoor answered correctly the questions and were offered a T-Shirt as price.