Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at James Burty David RC
The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth & Sports and under the sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at James Burty David Recreation Centre at Pointe aux Sables on Tuesday 10 July 2018 in the presence of:
- Mr. Mevin Muthy, Organising Officer
- Senior Citizen Association of Beau Bassin
- Senior Citizen Association of Vacoas
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council
The objectives of the talks are to make the Senior Citizens aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
Flyers on sensitization program were offered to all participants. The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented by Dr. Bernard Baptiste
- The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
67 participants attended the talks. A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Seven participants namely Vardin Belinda Violet, Cartan Gaywantee, Marie Yoland Jacqueline Edouard, Seedonia Jautee, Edda Anthony, Rajen Andy and Jeevan Gannoo answered correctly the questions and were offered a T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.