Yoplait Candia Sports Medicine Programme at L’Esperence Government School
The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at L’Esperence Government School at Quartier Militaire on Wednesday 21 June 2017 in the presence of:
- Mrs. Rajkumari Gunniah, Head Master;
- Mr. Jaykumar Hurry, Deputy Head Master
- Mr. A. Bisbeeharry, President of the Parents Teachers Association;
- Mr. V. Babiah, P.R.O;
- Mr. S. Tannoo, Board Member and
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council
The objectives of the talks are to make the students aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
An Ice Box, a First Aid Kit and Sports Equipment were offered to the Institution for use and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to all participants.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented byDr Bernard Baptiste;
- The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
97 participants attended the talks. A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme.
Four participants namely Ishfaaq Beeharry, Sushani Kisto, Ean Seeboruth and Yovan Bisbeeharry answered correctly the questions and were offered a T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.