Yoplait Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Pointe aux Piments Govt School
The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Pointe aux Piments Government School on Wednesday 13 July 2016 in the presence of:
• Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council.
• Mrs. Vijayantee Dhookony, Head Master.
• Mrs. Farida Joomun, Deputy Head Master.
• Mr. Shiv Kumar Issur, Deputy Head Master, teachers and students.
The objectives of the talks are to make the youngsters aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style. A First Aid kit, Sports Equipment and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to the School. The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
• Good nutrition, presented by Ms. Divya Poorun, Nutritionist;
• The importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
95 students attended the talks and were very attentive during the talks. A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Five students namely Sandy Clovis, Lucas Laventure, William Koomanikooa, Vrishti Chatkan and Camilla Antoinette answered correctly the questions and were offered a T- shirt as prizes. At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.