Yoplait Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Marie Reine RCA
The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Marie Reine RCA at Poudre D’Or on Wednesday 09 September 2016 in the presence of:
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council;
- Mr. Cyril Legrand, Deputy Head Master;
- Mrs. Marie Ange Abraham, Deputy Head Master and teachers
The objectives of the talks are to make the students aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style. A First Aid kit and sports equipment were offered for use at the Primary School and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to all students. The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented byMrs. Divya Poorun, Nutritionist;
- The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
67 students attended the talks. A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Six participants namely Akhil Choodanand Canlachand, Azumie Dimvoonmiow, Gael Gania Angelito, Enzo Dindoyal, Adrien Sylvio and Brayen Mambatha answered correctly the questions and were offered a T- shirt as prizes. At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.