Yoplait Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Albion Community Centre
The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth & Sports and under the sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Albion Community Centre on Thursday 26 October 2017 in the presence of:
- Mr. Goojendranath Bissessur, Principal Community Development Officer ;
- Mr. Ashoka Kumar Reetoo, Senior Community Development Officer;
- Mrs. Jessy Chanwan, Community Development Officer;
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council
The objectives of the talks are to make the public aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style. An Ice Box and a First Aid Kit were offered to the Centre for use and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to all participants. The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented byMs. Divya Poorun, Nutritionist;
- The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
35 participants attended the talks. A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. The winners namely Joseph Sokalingum, Marie Josee Thevenet, Denis Ramessur, Serge Appadoo, Liliane Mestry and Padwawtee Persand were offered T- shirt as prizes. At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.