The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sports & Recreation and under the Sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organized the Talk on Yoplait/ Candia Sports Medicine at Cite Atlee Government School at Curepipe on Thursday 10th September 2020 in the presence of:
• Mrs. S. Rajanah– Headmaster of Cite Atlee Government School
• Mr. W. Joodhun – Holistic Teacher of Cite Atlee Government School
• Mrs. S. Bausy – School Teacher of Cite Atlee Government School
• Mrs. F. Sobha – School Teacher of Cite Atlee Government School
• Mr. Conrad Thomas – Nutritionist
• Supporting staff of Mauritius Sports Council
Sports Equipment (Soft Balls, Skipping Ropes, Tennis Balls, Hoola Hoops and Footballs), Ice Box, First Aid Kit and the Yoplait/ Candia Polo Shirt were offered to the School by the Mauritius Sports Council.
The main objective of the talk is to make the students aware of the benefits of Sports, how physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a good and a healthy life.
The talks comprise of.
• The Importance of Physical Activities and Good Nutrition by Mr. Conrad Thomas.
• 26 participants attended the talk comprises of 14 Boys and 12 Girls.
During the talk, quiz competition related to the talk was conducted among students where two students of Grade 5 and 6 namely, Heureuse Alison and Malabar Clayton won the quiz and were awarded a T- Shirt.
The talk ended at 11 30 hours where Pamphlets on Sports Medicine, Candia milk and Keyrings were distributed to all students.