Yoplait Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Trefles Community Centre
The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Trefles Community Centre, Rose Hill on Wednesday 12 July 2017 in the presence of:
- Mr. Raj Ramsurrun, Community Support Officer;
- Mrs. Soudevi Bhowoo, Community Support Assistant;
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council
The objectives of the talks are to make the public aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style.
An Ice Box, a First Aid Kit and Sports Equipment were offered to the Institution for use and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to all participants.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented byDr Bernard Baptiste;
- The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
80 participants attended the talks. A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme.
Four participants answered correctly the questions and were offered a T- shirt as prizes. At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.