Vision, Mission and Roles
To be the leading partner of all Sports Bodies.
We support the Ministry of Youth & Sports in planning, coordinating and promoting recreational sports through financial, administrative and services assistance to Sports Federations and other related Sports Bodies; thereby creating and maintaining a high sense of professionalism in sports management and practices.
- Promote and improve the practice of sports among the public at large in collaboration with sports governing bodies.
- Manage state owned sports infrastructure.
- Provide financial assistance to National Sports Federations recognised by the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
- Encourage and support other persons or bodies in carrying out research and studies into matters concerning any sports and physical activities and dissemination of knowledge and advice on these matters.
- Advise and co-operate with the Ministry of Youth and Sports and other bodies dealing with sports and physical activities in Mauritius.