Yoplait Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Plaine Verte Youth Centre
The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at Plaine Verte Youth Centre on Wednesday 05 October 2016 in the presence of:
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council;
- Mrs. Lila Gungaram, Member of the ‘Commission Nationale du Sport Feminin’ (CNSF) and responsible for the Women group of Plaine Verte;
- Mrs Salima Khodabucus, Motivator
The objectives of the talks are to make the Women aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style. A First Aid kit and Ice Box were offered for use at the Youth Centre and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to all participants. The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented byMrs. Diyva Poorun, Nutritionist;
- The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
65 participants attended the talks. A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Six participants namely Niloger Codabaccus, Adeelah Heesambee, Nazmah Mohidin Khan, Ackbarally Saffora, Salma Yearee and Jearally Shameemah answered correctly the questions and were offered a T- shirt as prizes. At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.