Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at La Briquetterie Govt School, Ste Croix
The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at La Briquetterie Govt School at St Croix on Wednesday 27 April 2016 in the presence of:
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council
- Mrs. Marie Noel Meyepa, Head Master
- Mr. Sham Sofee, Deputy Head Master, teachers and students
The objectives of the talks are to make the youngsters aware of the benefits of Sports Medicine, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style. A First Aid kit, Sports Equipment and Booklets on Sports Medicine were offered to the School.
The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
• Good nutrition, presented by Mrs. Nandini Ramawta, Nutritionist from the Ministry of Health & Quality of Life
• The importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman Medical / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
80 students attended the talks and were very enthusiastic to hear the resource persons. A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Four students namely Emma Bru, Hansley Moirt, Emilie Sobrun and Ivan Leopold answered correctly the questions and were awarded T- shirt as prizes. At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.