Yoplait Candia Sports Medicine Programme at James Burty David Recreation Centre
The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth & Sports and under the sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organised the Yoplait / Candia Sports Medicine Programme at James Burty David Recreation Centre at Pointe aux Sables on Tuesday 03 July 2018 in the presence of:
- Mr. Mevin Muthy, Organising Officer
- Pandit Sohur Fagoolall, Secretary of Aryan Senior Citizen Association of Pamplemousses
- Mr. Parsad Manikon, President of La Belle Fleur of Camp Levieux Association
- Staff of the Mauritius Sports Council
The objectives of the talks are to make the Senior Citizens aware of the benefits of Sports, proper physical activities and a good nutrition for maintaining a healthy life style. An Ice Box and a First Aid Kit were offered to the Institution for use. Flyers on sensitization program were offered to all participants. The Resource Persons proceeded with the talks as follows:
- Good nutrition, presented by Dr. Bernard Baptiste
- The Importance of Physical Activities presented by Mr. Michel Chang Kye, Physiotherapist, Chairman / Paramedical Committee of the Mauritius Sports Council.
104 participants attended the talks. A quiz was held with questions related to the talks on Sports Medicine at the end of the programme. Eight participants namely Chintaram Kadeshree, Jassmat Seepaul, Rajendre Kumar Bahadoor, Lakhoa Ishwardiyal, Marie Louis Empeigne, Chung Futi Yuen Lee Fong, Sylvia Théodore and Seewachand Gooljar answered correctly the questions and were offered a T- shirt as prizes.
At the end of the talk, Candia Milk was offered to all participants.