The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sports & Recreation and under the Sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organized YOPLAIT / CANDIA – talk on Medicine Programme – at CLAVIS International Primary School (C.I.P.S.) 0n Friday 6th November 2020 in the presence of:
• Mr. R. Jeffrey HART Head of School
• Dr. Bernard BAPTISTE – Sport Doctor & ACTIVE Mauritius Program Officer by MSC
• Mr. Conrad Thomas – Nutritionist from Active Mauritius by MSC
• Mr. Michael Lescaut – Head of PE Department
• Mr. Aaron Appegadoo – PE Educator
• 135 Pupils from Grade 4,5 & 6
• 10 Teachers of C.I.P.S
• Supporting staff of Mauritius Sports Council
Sports Equipment (Soft Balls, Skipping Ropes, Tennis balls, Hoola Hoops and Footballs), Ice Box and First Aid Kit were offered to the School represented by Mr. R. Jeffrey HART – Head of School. The sports equipment was offered by Mauritius Sports Council, under the sponsorship of PANAGORA MARKETING CO. LTD.
The main objective of the talk is to make the students conscious of the benefits of Sports; mainly on how physical activities and a good nutrition are important for maintaining a good and healthy life.
The talk comprises of:
• The importance of Physical Activities – animated by Dr. Bernard BAPTISTE – Sport Doctor & ACTIVE Mauritius Program Officer by MSC
• The importance of Good Nutrition – animated by Mr. Conrad THOMAS – Nutritionist from ACTIVE Mauritius by MSC
A small quiz related to the talk was conducted amongst the assistance where 2 students namely Léo OFFMAN and Sannvi GOINDEN were awarded a T/Shirt.
The talk ended at 11.00hrs where Pamphlets on Sports Medicine, Candia Milk and Keyrings were distributed to all students.