The Mauritius Sports Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sports & Recreation and under the Sponsorship of Panagora Marketing Co. Ltd organized the Talk on Yoplait/ Candia Sports Medicine at Islamic College, Vallee des Pretres, on Wednesday15th June 2022 in the presence of:
• Mr. Ibrahim Ismael – Rector of Islamic College
• 6 Educators/ Supporting staff of Islamic College
• Mr. Conrad Thomas – Nutritionist from Active Mauritius
• Supporting staff of Mauritius Sports Council.
The main objective of the talk is to make the students aware of the importance of physical activities and good nutrition for maintaining a good and a healthy lifestyle.
The talks comprised of.
• The Importance of Physical Activities and Good Nutrition by Mr. Conrad Thomas.
• 47 students (22 girls and 25 boys) and 6 teachers/supporting staff attended the talk.
Sports Equipment (Skipping Ropes, Volleyballs, Badminton, Shuttlecocks and Footballs), Ice Box and First Aid Kit were offered to the College by the Mauritius Sports Council, same sponsored by Panagora Marketing Co.Ltd.
Quiz related to the talk were conducted among students of Grade 7 and the winners namely, Mr. Ian Kine Liong Chupingsim, Mr. Luca Capiron, Miss Jamelia Moutien and Miss Ghawsiya Gopaul were awarded a tshirt.
The talk ended at 12 00 hours and Candia milk and Keyrings were distributed to all students.